Victorian White Cotton Lace Frill Front Nightie Maxi Dress, One Size
Although originally this would have been worn to bed, it is far too good to just have at home. Victorian nighties make the best maxi dresses for Spring and Summer for so many reasons. There is plenty of fabric for floating about in, and if you worry about being lost in it, just bung on a belt. The fabric is always great quality and thick, so it will never be see through. The details are often gorgeous, like the frill lace edging. And the modern on trend styles often steal inspiration from them. So why not just wear the original piece and have something far more unique? It would look great with Birkenstocks and a wide leather boho belt.
• Thick quality weight white cotton
• Lace frill trim to the collar and down the button placket
• Stand up pork pie collar
• Long, full sleeves with tight cuffs and trimmed with lace
• Gathers to the bust and to the back for volume
• Panel inserted to the side to allow for more volume
• Slips over the head
• Fastens using three buttons to the bust - these have been replaced as the old ones had broken. I chose some fun fabric covered ones for a little colour.
• It is in very good condition for its age. There are a couple of marks (under the arm, to the front and side) which are expected. There are a couple of pin head size pulls to the fabric on the front. The lace trim to the neck and sleeve are becoming fragile, with a couple of areas of small repair. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels.
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 20in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Blue and Grey Sailing Pirate Novelty Print Dress, by Dorothy Perkins, 40in Bust
1970s Denim Blue Brushed Cotton Pinafore, by French Connection, 30in Waist