1980s Pink Check Oversized Wool Coat, by Jacques Esterel Paris, 48in Bust
This coat could not be more on trend if it tried! From the design house of Jacques Esterel in the 1980s, a designer who held trademark lawsuits against the great YSL, this is a piece of quality and high end vintage, from a mind who produced a unisex line in the 1970s. He was certainly before his time! Made from a heavy wool, the cut is loose and full, designed to hang 'just right' from the body. The faux pockets to the bust and the low placed hip pockets nod to a trench, with the amazing pleated back and low belt creating a real oversized vibe. Simple in the design, as quality just speaks for itself, it is just like the modern loose coats that are everywhere at the moment. It will go with everything, but look particularly fab with boots and a casual outfit as it is meant to be worn with a feeling of enormity.
• Check in pink, purple, grey and very light yellow
• Loose straight fit
• Wide collar
• Super large pleats to the back for fullness
• Large faux belt to the back
• Long sleeves
• Large shoulder pads
• Faux flap pockets to the bust, pockets low to the hips
• Fastens with buttons to the front, with a hidden shaped button placket
• Made from a heavy weight wool
• Lined in a navy/brown silky lining
• Jacques Esterel Paris embroidered lining
• Care/composition: no labels
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1980s Laura Ashley White, Blue and Lilac Bow and Flower Princess Dress, 35in Bust
1980s French Navy Long Wool Shorts with Turn Ups, by Archie Pell, 27in Waist