1970s Jean Varon Red and Black Floral Chiffon Caped Maxi Dress, 40in Bust
There is a reason why Jean Varon creations are still sought after, and this is why. His work is just so full of drama and the silhouettes are always a dream. This dress from the 1970s would make Kate Bush jealous with its triangular sheer cape to the front and back that is begging to be wafted about in a care free manner. The print is wonderful, delicate but graphic, and the colours are classic with the camel balancing the red and black. With the sheer sleeve, it shows a little skin so that the fullness of the dress does not overwhelm your figure. Certainly a dress for a serious vintage designer collector, this is a wonderful addition to a wardrobe that will see you through many a party and event in style and comfort.
• Beautiful delicate floral print that looks like trees and blossom in camel and red, against the background of rich black
• Triangular over dress that gives both elbow length 'sleeves' and midi length cape both back and front, which has wavy over-locked edges
• Under dress is A-line, full and floaty
• Lining has darts to the bust for a loose fit
• Round neck which ties at the back with long fabric ties
• Fastens using a nylon YKK zip to the back, with the outer cape fastening with clear poppers to the back
• Dress lined in a black silky acetate
• Made from a light weight, sheer floaty polyester chiffon
• Jean Varon label to the inside
• There is a pull to the bottom of the black underskirt, which although wide, is not too noticeable. Shown on photo.
• Care/composition: 100% polyester, lining 100% acetate. Dry Clean
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 58in from shoulder
Sleeve: 13.5in approx
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s White and Red Rare Raunchy Vinyl 'Clunk Click Every Trip' Advertising Belt