1970s Jean Varon Red and Black Floral Chiffon Caped Maxi Dress, 40in Bust
There is a reason why Jean Varon creations are still sought after, and this is why. His work is just so full of drama and the silhouettes are always a dream. This dress from the 1970s would make Kate Bush jealous with its triangular sheer cape to the front and back that is begging to be wafted about in a care free manner. The print is wonderful, delicate but graphic, and the colours are classic with the camel balancing the red and black. With the sheer sleeve, it shows a little skin so that the fullness of the dress does not overwhelm your figure. Certainly a dress for a serious vintage designer collector, this is a wonderful addition to a wardrobe that will see you through many a party and event in style and comfort.
• Beautiful delicate floral print that looks like trees and blossom in camel and red, against the background of rich black
• Triangular over dress that gives both elbow length 'sleeves' and midi length cape both back and front, which has wavy over-locked edges
• Under dress is A-line, full and floaty
• Lining has darts to the bust for a loose fit
• Round neck which ties at the back with long fabric ties
• Fastens using a nylon YKK zip to the back, with the outer cape fastening with clear poppers to the back
• Dress lined in a black silky acetate
• Made from a light weight, sheer floaty polyester chiffon
• Jean Varon label to the inside
• There is a pull to the bottom of the black underskirt, which although wide, is not too noticeable. Shown on photo.
• Care/composition: 100% polyester, lining 100% acetate. Dry Clean
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 58in from shoulder
Sleeve: 13.5in approx
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.