1970s Buttercup, Cocoa and Sea Foam Striped Maxi Dress with Velvet Sunflowers, by California, 38in Bust
If you want a dress that sums up the flower power decade, I kind of feel this is it! From the early 1970s by the California label (the look you love.....how cute is that?!), the dress has it all......large balloon sleeves, long length, flowers a go-go and colours that are so retro it hurts. The collar and belt help to show off that figure so that it isn't lost in all that fabric, and the brown placket and waist draw the eye to your smallest parts. The sleeves are sheer, showing a little skin to balance all that skirt, and the cuff large to ensure you get full balloon in those sleeves. I feel the best bit is the small flower buttons, which perfectly mirror the large subtle velvet sunflowers that are hiding in the stripes, giving you the best of both floral and geo print worlds. Wear with platforms, flip flops, boots, trainers......this will go with anything, but make sure you definitely wear this dress with a super cool attitude.
• Large sunflowers in a burn out velvet all over the dress
• Buttercup yellow, sea foam blue green and dark brown stripes - colour is closest to the main photo
• Faux buttons to the front, that look like small adorable flowers
• Large sheer balloon sleeves with a wide cuff, that fasten with poppers but have matching flower buttons on the cuff
• V-neck with a small pointed collar
• Fastens with a nylon YKK zip to the back, and hook and eyes to the collar
• Belt loops with matching belt that fastens using poppers, which can be worn att he back or front
• Light weight acetate fabric, that has a weave similar to a very fine net
• Fully lined bodice and skirt, in a cream acetate
• California 'The Look You Love' label to the back
• Care/composition: no contents, hand wash
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 56in (no extra hem)
Shoulder to shoulder : 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.