1970s Adini Indian Cotton Purple and Gold Hand Painted Kaftan Maxi, 38in Bust
These Indian cotton dresses are so sought after, and you can see why! From the 1970s by the famous label Adini, this has an eye-catching all over floral design with a large paisley motif, with dark purple accents to pick out the deepest hue. The little additions of the hand painted gold paint across the whole of the dress really shows the craftsmanship of these pieces, and is so charming. The full sleeves and loose skirt are perfect for hot weather as it keep you covered but the whisper thin cotton ensures you stay cool. And being a purple maxi, it makes this a more rare piece. Although the material is very fine, Indian cotton is made with the highest quality as you can see considering it is in near perfect condition over 30 years later!
• Beautiful gold hand painted floral details to the whole dress
• Large paisley fabric to the hem and sleeve cuffs, with floral fabric contrast
• Striped floral fabric to the bib with gold hand painted flowers
• Dark purple trim to the neckline
• Full sleeves with tighter cuffs, elastic cuff
• Full maxi length with full skirt, with tiered hem
• Empire line 'waist'
• Two plaited strings attached at the neckline, with black beads to the ends
• No fastenings, slips over the head
• Made from super light weight but high quality Indian cotton
• Adini Made in India label to the back
• There are breaks to the print and paint, which is characteristic of the hand made pieces and are not flaws
• Care/composition: 100% cotton, 30* wash
Under bust: 38in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.