1960s White Safari Style Shirt Jacket, by Melka, 49in Chest
I love the safari style in menswear, it makes it look like someone is on the way to an adventure! From the 1960s, this off white shirt jacket by Melka looks like a linen jacket and has the classic details that are expected on a safari jacket; the D-rings, epaulettes and pockets (for snacks of course). At the back there is an elastic panel to fit so it will show off that hero body. Wear as a shirt with jeans, or a jacket over a tee with shorts, or for the full look, team with white trousers......and maybe a leather Indiana Jones hat!
• Off white cream colour
• Dark blue contrast stitching
• Pointed fold down collar
• Epaulettes to the shoulders with poppers
• D-ring detail to chest
• Button down front - the bottom button is different to the others but not noticable
• Short sleeves with turn up
• Four pockets to the front
• Elasticated back for fit
• Made from a mid weight cotton blend fabric with slight slubs to the fabric
• Melka label to the inside
• There is a mark to the tip of one collar, a mark to the back of the collar, and some light pink marks to one pocket at the hip. All light but need to be mentioned. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: 50% cotton, 30% polyester, 20% viscose. 60* wash
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 18in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Blue Lurex Swirl Print Sweetheart Neckline Maxi Dress, by Jeannie, 45in Bust
1960s Black, White and Gold Stripe Crimplene Shift Dress, by Carnegie of London, 45in Bust