1960s Lime and Lilac Lurex Baroque Print Full Length Housecoat, by Dynasty, 38in Bust
This is far too good to be worn as a housecoat that will never be seen, it would be far better used as an actual coat! From the 1960s, and made in Hong Kong, this amazing hostess coat is perfect for anyone that wants to feel luxurious and fabulous, while staying very cosy. Made to be worn before the times of warm homes, these would be popped over your dress to keep you snug while you relaxed or went about your chores. Soft and comforting, but far from dowdy as this is a snazzy lime and light lilac offset by light catching lurex. But, what is more amazing than the colour is the fact that this has never been worn! It still has its original plastic to the hem! Be ready to be warm and fabulous, it truly is amazing!
• Luxurious baroque style pattern in light lilac and lime colour, with silver lurex thread, such an unusual colour combination - closest in colour to the close ups of the fabric
• Ankle length for warmth
• Nipped waist, with an A-line full skirt
• Pockets to the hips
• Round neckline with a mao style collar
• Opera length sleeves
• Fastens down the front using domed self covered buttons to the top of the thigh, and covered poppers further down, and a hook and eye and popper to the collar
• Made from a heavy weight soft silk/cotton blend fabric, that has the weight of a wool coat or a quilted housecoat
• Lined in a cream silk lining
• Deadstock and never been worn, the plastic cover to the hem is still intact!
• Dynasty label to the back of the neck
• There is a small mark to the inside of the lining by the neck and on the label, which I think is from storage on an old hanger. There is also a very slight fluffing to one side, from storage. Both shown in photos.
• Care/composition: dry clean only
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.