1960s Denim Blue Indian Cotton Statement Sleeve Maxi Dress, 36in Bust
Indian cotton dresses are one of those sought after pieces in the vintage world due to the amazing quality and beautiful prints, and this kaftan has both of those, and some pretty amazing statement sleeves! Made from a lovely denim blue and green paisley printed fabric with a quilted bodice with cute little fabric bobble buttons, it looks like a simple dress until you see the shape of the sleeves: cut to create an almost butterfly wing effect! I have never seen anything quite like it. Great for a holiday cover up, or just a cool dress to wear daily with trainers, it is such an easy to wear colour but will make a great style statement.
• Amazing statement shaped sleeves
• Denim blue with green paisley print, sage green striped fabric detailing to bust and cuffs
• Quilted bodice
• Full skirt, gathered at the empire line waist
• Small covered fabric knot 'buttons' to the front
• Over the head style, no fastenings
• Made from a light weight Indian cotton
• No labels
• I think the black panel to the hem was added later to have more length
• There appears to have been a tie at the empire line but it is no longer there, as there is two channels. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: no care labels
Waist (empire): 36in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.