1950s Pink and Green Spot Double Breasted Dress, by ILGWU, 41in Bust
Was £85 - Save £40!
The 1950s are well known for their feminine dresses, and this spotty number has the right amount of girly cute. Made in the mid to late 1950s, and with a Union Label, this beauty has a wonderful fun print of spots in pink, green and purple. The shawl collar is smart and lady like, and the double breasted front with rhinestone centre buttons a little touch of glam. A lovely dress for a summers day, wear bright accessories matched to the colours in the print and you have a beautiful outfit to go and enjoy a day trip.
• Spot print in pink, green and purple with black outlines
• Rounded shawl collar
• Double breasted fold over style front
• Short sleeves with turn up cuffs
• Pleats to waist seam
• Black shaped buttons with rhinestone centres
• Matching waist belt with loops
• Made from a very light weight rayon blend fabric that has the feel of an acetate
• Fastens using the buttons to the front, and hidden poppers
• International Ladies Garment Workers Union to the inside, which was in use from 1955-1963
• There is a slightly lighter mark to the inside of the collar from wear, shown in photos. There also looks like fade to the shoulders, but I think this is just the mannequin showing through were there is only one layer of fabric
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 41.5in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 40in (with a 1.5in hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14.5in
Sleeve length: 8.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.