1950s Pink and Green Spot Double Breasted Dress, by ILGWU, 41in Bust
Was £85 - Save £40!
The 1950s are well known for their feminine dresses, and this spotty number has the right amount of girly cute. Made in the mid to late 1950s, and with a Union Label, this beauty has a wonderful fun print of spots in pink, green and purple. The shawl collar is smart and lady like, and the double breasted front with rhinestone centre buttons a little touch of glam. A lovely dress for a summers day, wear bright accessories matched to the colours in the print and you have a beautiful outfit to go and enjoy a day trip.
• Spot print in pink, green and purple with black outlines
• Rounded shawl collar
• Double breasted fold over style front
• Short sleeves with turn up cuffs
• Pleats to waist seam
• Black shaped buttons with rhinestone centres
• Matching waist belt with loops
• Made from a very light weight rayon blend fabric that has the feel of an acetate
• Fastens using the buttons to the front, and hidden poppers
• International Ladies Garment Workers Union to the inside, which was in use from 1955-1963
• There is a slightly lighter mark to the inside of the collar from wear, shown in photos. There also looks like fade to the shoulders, but I think this is just the mannequin showing through were there is only one layer of fabric
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 41.5in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 40in (with a 1.5in hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 14.5in
Sleeve length: 8.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Red and Cream Transport Novelty Print Long Silk Scarf, by Thorncraft