1950s Latte Brown Striped Bow Collar Smock Blouse, by Horrockses, 39in Bust
Quaint 1950s light brown striped blouse with a lovely ribbon style bow collar by the coveted British label Horrockses. This is quite an usual shirt, not just for the colour but because I believe this to be a maternity blouse due to the cut. There is no dart to the bust, and is very loose unlike its style classic from the decade, which leads me to my conclusion, making this very rare! But do not worry, it can be worn by anyone, and looks equally stylish loose or tucked into your favourite skirt.
• Light latte brown horizontal stripes, with a contrasting light brown ribbon style collar which ties to a bow at the front
• Turn back, pointed cuffs
• Full sleeve, with pleats to the cuffs
• Straight loose cut
• Brown buttons to the cuffs
• Brown buttons to the front, with a hook and eye by the collar
• Made from a light weight cotton
• Horrockses Fashions label to the back, and Made in England label to the shoulder inside
• There is is two small green marks to the very bottom at the back, which looks like paint, and a very small hole to the edge of one sleeve. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 39in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Pink, Tan and Blue Striped Cream Brushed Cotton Shirt, by Wentworth, 44in Chest