1950s Grey Striped Semi Sheer Cotton Shirtwaister with Removable Frill, by Maybar Jack Equire, 43in Bust
A 1950s shirtwaister is always a must in the vintage collectors closet, and this little grey number is a great seasonal transitional piece. Made by Maybar. the striped semi sheer cotton feels wonderful against the skin, perfect for the warmer months, but you could easily layer a knit or a bright slip underneath as the weather turns. Great with heels for that classic look, or punk it up with some Doc Martens and the addition of that removable girly frill!
• Rich grey fabric with a stripe
• Cream frill to the button placket, this can be removed if wanted
• Round neck
• Short dolman style sleeves
• Matching belt
• Fastens with grey buttons to the front
• Made from a lightweight semi-sheer striped fabric that feels like cotton
• Unlined - you may wish to wear a slip with this dress
• Maybar by Jack Equire label to the inside
• There are a few faults - there is a little fade to each shoulder which appears to be from being stored on a wooden hanger. There is a little slight stain to the pits, and some rust stains to the inside of the neckline and the belt buckle. The removable frill is also slightly longer than the dress, I think from it being taken up at some point. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: None
Length: 42.5in with 1.5in hem
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.