1950s Grey Striped Semi Sheer Cotton Shirtwaister with Removable Frill, by Maybar Jack Equire, 43in Bust
A 1950s shirtwaister is always a must in the vintage collectors closet, and this little grey number is a great seasonal transitional piece. Made by Maybar. the striped semi sheer cotton feels wonderful against the skin, perfect for the warmer months, but you could easily layer a knit or a bright slip underneath as the weather turns. Great with heels for that classic look, or punk it up with some Doc Martens and the addition of that removable girly frill!
• Rich grey fabric with a stripe
• Cream frill to the button placket, this can be removed if wanted
• Round neck
• Short dolman style sleeves
• Matching belt
• Fastens with grey buttons to the front
• Made from a lightweight semi-sheer striped fabric that feels like cotton
• Unlined - you may wish to wear a slip with this dress
• Maybar by Jack Equire label to the inside
• There are a few faults - there is a little fade to each shoulder which appears to be from being stored on a wooden hanger. There is a little slight stain to the pits, and some rust stains to the inside of the neckline and the belt buckle. The removable frill is also slightly longer than the dress, I think from it being taken up at some point. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: None
Length: 42.5in with 1.5in hem
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Pink, Tan and Blue Striped Cream Brushed Cotton Shirt, by Wentworth, 44in Chest