1950s Classic Striped Floral Short Sleeve Cotton Shirtwaister Dress, by Sheevra, 36in Bust
When you dream of a 1950s print dress, this is classic you imagine! Set on a crisp white cotton background, the delicate sketched flowers in blue, pink and green are offset by grey and bordered by blue stripes, in-between are cute little dots and a row of grey and green daisies. This is one cute print, with bright and cheerful colours! All the usual 50s stylistic additions are there, nipped belted waist, full pleated skirt and short capped sleeves all designed to show your figure off to its best. The funky pointed turn back cuffs on the sleeves balance the skirt, and mirror the pointed collar. With all the colours in this print, your accessory choices are endless, but one thing is for sure, this dress will be the perfect addition to your Summer wardrobe!
• Adorable striped fabric with floral motifs and spots - sketchy and quaint!
• Vertical floral stripe to the button placket as a nice contrast
• Small fold down collar, which can be worn buttoned up or un-done as shown in the photos
• Small capped sleeves created from the triangular bodice, with large pointed turn back cuffs
• Knee length full skirt with pleats to the waist
• Belt loops to the waist, with matching belt
• Fastens with white buttons to the front
• Made from a mid weight good quality cotton
• A Sheevra Reg Original label to the back
• There are a couple of light marks to the dress, primarily on the bust, back of the collar and the skirt, as seen in the photos, these are not really noticeable. The belt pin is also started to rust and the loop is a little discoloured from this, and the waist has sightly darker marks underneath from the belt. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: None
Shown with a small petticoat underneath, not included
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 38.5in with 1in hem
Shoulder to Waist: 14.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Red and Cream Transport Novelty Print Long Silk Scarf, by Thorncraft