1940s Snakeskin Leather Tan Brown Bag
Lovely 1940s textured snakeskin shoulder bag, made with high quality brown python leather. This is a beautiful bag, practical with the medium strap, a nice size to fit all of the modern gals things in, and still perfect for the 1940s summer outfit. The snake skin has a wonderful texture that is accentuated by the brown tonal colours, and the pattern is subtle but classic snake print. The clasp is very unusual, the wedge slides up to release the flap, which opens to show lots of room for all the essentials. A gorgeous bag that would match well with lighter 1940s looks or vintage tiki styled outfits, pop on some bamboo bangles, a pair of wooden wedges and a sun hat......oh and don't forget the cocktail in the coconut!
• Snakeskin (suspect python) textured leather with raised scales in a light brown, tan, dark brown and black
• Wedge shaped sliding 'clasp' that slots through a loop to the front of the bag to secure
• Top flap folds over to cover the interior
• Interior has two open pockets, two slip pockets and one cnetral
• Short leather shoulder strap - this would have been adjustable at some point however this has broken and the previous owner fixed it at one length with a brass tack
• Edges are bound in leather cord
• There is some rubbing to the edges/corners and some of the stitching has come undone. There is rubbing to the edge of the clasp, to the top of the flap and a white mark to the back. All shown in photos.
Width: 10cm at widest
Strap Length: 50.5cm
Please get in touch if you have any questions.