1940s Blue Canvas Utility Sailor Workwear Shorts, 33in Waist
A pair of most wonderful workwear utility shorts, made from a stiff and hardwearing canvas denim, which I believe to be from around the 1940s, maybe earlier. With a high waist fit, these are comfortable and flattering, and have many more decades of wear left in them. These were found with a naval cotton shirt that had the same name written inside.
• Name written inside the shorts, including perhaps the naval regiment
• Mid blue denim colour
• Pockets to hips, small pocket under waistband, flap pocket to back
• Belt loops
• High waist
• Made from stiff heavy weight canvas denim
• Fastens with button fly
• There are some light stains to the front, which are to be expected from work wear, shown in photo
• Care/composition: no labels
Rise at back: 16.5in
Inside leg: 4.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.