1940s Blue and Grey Scalloped Edge Sleeveless Housecoat Dress, by Joyce Lane, 39in Bust
Vintage house dresses are far too good to only wear at home, they make wonderful day dresses too! From the late 1940s, this beauty from Joyce Lane is great for warmer weather with the sleeveless design, knee length and light cotton fabric. Made to be practical, they are always made to a very high standard and with quality fabric so will be so easy to wear and care for. The design in tones of grey and sky blue is charming and artistic, perfectly quaint. But it is the finishing touches that really makes it. The buttons and piping are matched to the colour tone of the print, and the edges of the placket and pockets are scalloped shapes finished with a beautiful fabric frill. See what I mean by too good to stay indoors?!
• Grey tonal background with blue oval design with floral middles, finished with black detailing
• Scalloped button placket edge, with blue piping and frilled edge
• Fastens using blue plastic domed buttons to the front
• Shaped boat neck style with piping, scoop neckline to back
• Large shaped pockets to the hips with buttons and piping, and frilled edge
• A-line fuller skirt, below knee length
• Belt loops, no belt
• Made from a light weight soft cotton
• Joyce Lane label to the back
• There is a light brown stain to the front of the skirt by the buttons. It is light but a couple of inches wide so worth mentioning. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 39in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to waist: 17in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1940s Slate Grey Blazer with Scalloped Edge Pockets, by Ritaville, 40in Bust