1930s Frill Sleeve Orange, Yellow and Green Feed Sack Loose Dress, 36in Bust
If you want some 1930s statement shoulders for Summer, this is the dress! Amazing frilled sleeve dress made with a light weight cotton that feels a lot like feed sack material, with a simple weave like pattern of eye-catching bright green, yellow and orange, with brown. The texture of the fabric and the zig-zag edges of the weave really gives the print interest and depth that you expect from the fabric of the era. The silhouette is classic 30s, big statement shoulder, and straight through to the thigh where it flairs delicately out. this dress does work with a waist belt or sash, should you want a more fitted look, but this is a perfect light and loose dress for hot weather. Beautiful and bright, and those sleeves! Add sandals or espadrilles with a hat and you are Summer ready!
• Amazing frilled sleeves, made from two pleated frilled layers of fabric for fullness
• Fab print of a weave pattern made from bright yellow, green and orange with brown - colours still bright
• Scooped round neckline
• V-shaped panels to the sides, front and back, to add shape and fullness
• Mid- calf length
• Classic 30s flair to the skirt
• Made from light weight cotton, almost like a gauze, that I believe may bee feed sack material
• No side fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements
• There is a rip to one side which has been patched from behind very well so it is hardly noticeable. There is a mend to one shoulder using zig zag stitch to secure the rip, and there is a slight darkening to the fabric under the arm pits. All are shown in the photos.
• Care/composition: No labels.
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 49in, no extra hem
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
Sleeve: 4.5in at top
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Bright Green and Pink Psychedelic Print Silk Shift Dress, by Colin Glascoe, 41in Bust
1960s Light Blue Silk Chiffon Crepe Tiered Mini Dress, by Jane and Jane, Early Jean Muir, 34in Bust
1970s Light Pink and White Peony Print Open Back Dress, by Estevez, 36in Bust