1930s Cream Silk and Purple Trim Belted Tennis Dress, 40in Bust
A beautiful and elegant 1930s cream tennis dress with a wonderful shot of colour in the lilac piping and the cornflower blue carved buttons. It is incredibly flattering and cool in the warmer weather. The matching belt with carved buckle adds a little shape to the simple cut dress, with the pleat to the skirt adding movement and detail. A wonderful piece for the Summer for the art deco fan.
• Warm cream colour similar to the close ups
• Pleats to the shoulders
• Fold down collar
• Fastens with blue and cream carved buttons to the front
• Piping to front
• Faux pockets to hips with lilac piping and carved blue and cream buttons
• Pleat to front
• Belt loops and matching belt with grey plastic carved buckle
• Piping to the back
• Made from a light weight soft silk
• No fastenings, please be aware that this slips over your head so I would advise being smaller than the below measurements due to the delicacy of the fabric
• There are a few faults that you would expect from a dress this old and delicate. There is a small amount of staining to the hem, a mend to the top of the pleat, an original mends to each shoulder and one to the hip (which I have left as is). All seen in photos.
• Care/composition: No label, 46 size label to the back
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Sugar Almond Moss Crepe Classic Ossie Clark Dress, for Radley, 36in Bust