1950s Purple, Green and Red Tartan Cotton Wiggle Dress, 40in Bust
I love the colour of this tartan, such a bright alternative to to the classic red that we tend to see. This 1950s wiggle dress has so many lovely little features that will make it your go-to frock in your wardrobe. On the bust you have a wonderful pleated panel, which has been made with great skill as the complex tartan is pattern matched (now that IS hard) and below this is a small decorative strip of fabric with opal buttons that break up the colour perfectly. The little short sleeves are mirrored on the hips with the large stand-out pockets, accentuating the hourglass figure coveted for the decade. The matching belt is great for really cinching in that waist to further add to the curvy figure. Flattering below the knee length and tight through the hip meaning that signature wiggle will be yours, but the pleat to the bottom still allows you to move easily. Such a beautiful and classic dress with a bright tartan twist, just add some bright accessories to really make this dress pop!
• Purple, green and red bright tartan with black accents
• Pleated section to the bust
• Faux belt below the bust line with two opalescent decorative buttons
• High round neck
• Short sleeves
• Two large pockets to the hips that stand out when worn
• Belt loops with matching belt
• Below the knee closer fit skirt, with a pleated split at the back to aid walking
• Made from a light weight cotton
• Fastens with a metal zip to the back, Jay brand
• Unlined apart from the pleated front which is lined in black cotton
• There is a small pull in the fabric at the front, it is not a hole, but more that the weave has been disrupted. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 43in (with a 1.5in hem)
Sleeve length: 5in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Pink, Tan and Blue Striped Cream Brushed Cotton Shirt, by Wentworth, 44in Chest