1980s Midnight Blue and Gold Button Back Dress, by Laura Ashley, 40in Bust
This is the most luscious print I have ever seen come out of the Laura Ashley design house! From the 1980s, this gorgeous cotton dress in a rich midnight blue has been printed with a metallic gold design of intricate foliage, that catches the light and creates a wonderful depth as you move. A classic cut, the slight bat wing to the sleeve and the fullness of the skirt makes this a very comfortable dress to wear, allowing you move while looking utterly fabulous. Wear the matching belt for a coordinated look or swap in a plain metallic gold one to cinch in at the waist, and pop on some trainers or boots......or if you are feeling brave, wear some gold boots for a truly epic outfit!
• Rich midnight blue background with with metallic gold foliage print that catches the light
• Boat neck
• Button to the cuff to create fullness
• 3/4 length sleeves full sleeves with bat wing style to the shoulder
• Hidden pockets to the sides
• Deep pleats to the skirt for fullness
• Midi length skirt
• Pleats and princess seam to front for a fitted bodice
• Matching belt that fastens using buttons to the back
• Made from a mid weight high quality cotton
• Fastens at the back using blue buttons
• Spare button on label
• Laura Ashley label to the back
• There is a patch on the print that has slight fading, but I think this is from manufacture rather than an age fault. There is another small patch where the print has darkened, which appears to be from a prior stain removal. Both are not noticeable at all. Shown in photos.
• Care/composition: 100% cotton, 40* wash - I would advise washing inside out to preserve the print
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to shoulder: 14in approx
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1980s Laura Ashley White, Blue and Lilac Bow and Flower Princess Dress, 35in Bust