1980s Chestnut Brown Leather Power Suit, by Nevenka, 34in Bust, 26in Waist
If one off, statement vintage is your thing, this suit is right up your street! This is from the 1980s, and was commissioned by a woman who loved to wear power suits to her job in the city, and has all the hallmarks from the sought after designers of the time like Mugler and Versace. In a warm chestnut brown high quality leather, the cut is classic 80s with the nipped waist and exaggerated shoulder and hips. The large pockets which accentuate the wide hips have a fab matching colour top stitch detailing, which is matched on the back of the skirt, and looks like the texture of snakeskin. The batwing style sleeve allows for room to manoeuvre as well as playing with the proportions even more! The back of the skirt has a further cool feature of a poppered split, so you can decide on how much leg to show depending on if its a work meeting or a cocktail date. Wear with a simple blouse underneath, an animal print on for more power, or nothing at all.......
• High quality, warm chestnut colour full leather suit
• Nipped waist
• Rounded fold down collar
• Jacket fastens with double poppers to waist
• Top stitching to the hip and inside of pocket - looks like snakeskin!
• Pockets to hip which accentuate the waist and extend round to the back
• Shoulder pads to give the classic 1980s power look
• Angular V-back to jacket
• Batwing style to jacket sleeves
• V section to back with banded top stitching to match jacket
• Tight pencil style fit skirt, with poppers to the back for choice of split height
• Skirt fastens with a metal zip, no brand, and a popper to the grosgrain waistband
• Both lined in a tan coloured poly nylon lining fabric
• Nevenka brand label to the inside
• There are dark marks to both shoulders, which looks like the strap from a bag has darkened the leather from oil/dye transfer. There is a small round mark on the back of the neck, and on the back of one sleeve. There is indentation marks to the bottom of the skirt, and a couple of scuffs to one hip. One popper has come out on the waist strap. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: No labels
Jacket Bust: 34in
Shoulder to shoulder: 15.5in
Skirt Waist: 26in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1980s Laura Ashley White, Blue and Lilac Bow and Flower Princess Dress, 35in Bust
1980s Black Wool Oversized Top with Faux Shirt Tails, 46in Chest