1970s Rose Pink Smocked Front Dress with Novelty Print Doll Collar, 32in Bust
This is the most wonderfully, unashamedly girly dress! From the 1970s, this rose pink dream boasts not only some beautiful intricate smocking to the bust with decorative colourful thread, but also the collar, cuffs and belt have coordinating fabric with lovely dolls and flowers on! It really is a lovely piece, a great addition to a vintage lovers wardrobe. I believe this to be a teen dress due to the size and the proportions, but you lucky petite gals will be able to fit in this easily.
• Amazing smocking detail to the bust, using red, blue and white thread
• Main fabric is a wonderful rose pink colour, closest in hue to the full length photos
• Rounded peter pan style collar made with the novelty print fabric, trimmed with cream braid - the novelty print has little dolls and flowers in pinks, reds, blues and purples
• Knee length skirt with deep gathers to the waist for a fullness to the skirt
• Long sleeves with novelty print fabric cuffs fastening with a button, with a cream trim - these would not do up on the mannequin as the cuff with is quite narrow
• Faux belt to the back, covered in the novelty fabric, fastening with two matching buttons
• Fastens using patterned fabric coloured buttons and a popper under the collar
• Made from a soft light weight cotton fabric, similar feel to a brushed jersey cotton
• Care/composition: no label
Bust: 32in (armpit to armpit doubled) - this is shown on a 34in bust model, there is a little stretch due to the smocking but not much
Length: 38.5in, 0.5in extra hem
Shoulder to Shoulder: 13in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust