1970s Red Open Toe Wooden Sole Platforms, by Gala, UK 5
How amazing are these!! So rare, so funky!
1970s cherry red fabric and wood wedge platform mules with cute little knots to the top and a contrasting white sole. The huge platform is classic 70s cool, sturdy with a good clomp when you walk. These will be perfect to wear with huge flares and a dagger collar novelty blouse, or those floor length amazing floaty kaftans......just be ready to be mobbed as these are sure to attract attention!
• Cherry Red faux suede fabric with two twists to the top
• Open toe style
• Large wooden wedge platform sole, painted white
• Rubber sole for non-slip - very slight wear
• Large rivets to the front
• Lined with a faux leather
• Fastens with a metal buckle and strap, sling back style
• Fabric upper, painted hollow wood platform, rubber sole
• These are unworn, but there are marks from age and storage. There is a little scuff to the fabric on the strap near the buckles, a little glue to the back from the Gala label, some scuffs/marks and some glue marks to the side of the platforms, some rusting to the rivets, and a small dent to the edge at the front of the shoe. All expected from age. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels. Stamped with a size 7, which I believe is the American sizing
Length toe to heel: 26cm (measured inside along sole)
Width at ball of foot: 8cm
Heel height: 9.5cm
Platform height at front: 4.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.