1970s Red Open Toe Wooden Sole Platforms, by Gala, UK 5
How amazing are these!! So rare, so funky!
1970s cherry red fabric and wood wedge platform mules with cute little knots to the top and a contrasting white sole. The huge platform is classic 70s cool, sturdy with a good clomp when you walk. These will be perfect to wear with huge flares and a dagger collar novelty blouse, or those floor length amazing floaty kaftans......just be ready to be mobbed as these are sure to attract attention!
• Cherry Red faux suede fabric with two twists to the top
• Open toe style
• Large wooden wedge platform sole, painted white
• Rubber sole for non-slip - very slight wear
• Large rivets to the front
• Lined with a faux leather
• Fastens with a metal buckle and strap, sling back style
• Fabric upper, painted hollow wood platform, rubber sole
• These are unworn, but there are marks from age and storage. There is a little scuff to the fabric on the strap near the buckles, a little glue to the back from the Gala label, some scuffs/marks and some glue marks to the side of the platforms, some rusting to the rivets, and a small dent to the edge at the front of the shoe. All expected from age. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels. Stamped with a size 7, which I believe is the American sizing
Length toe to heel: 26cm (measured inside along sole)
Width at ball of foot: 8cm
Heel height: 9.5cm
Platform height at front: 4.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Bright Pink Geometric Print Faux Sheepskin Hooded Coat, from The BBC Workroom, 48in Bust
1970s Camel Wool Belted Coat with Large Sheepskin Collar, by C&A, 42in Bust
1970s Classic Brown Herringbone Tweed Double Breasted Long Wool Coat, by St Michael, 40in Bust
1970s Rainbow and Gold Lurex Full Length Jacket Dress, by After 6 Ronald Joyce, 35in Bust