1970s Indian Cotton Blue and White Peacock Hand Painted Dress, 36in Bust
These Indian cotton dresses are so sought after, and you can see why! From the 1970s, this has an eye-catching all over floral design with a large peacock motif, with lovely dark blue accents to pick out the deepest hue. The little additions of the hand painted gold paint across the whole of the dress really shows the craftsmanship of these pieces, and is so charming. The full balloon sleeves and loose skirt are perfect for hot weather as it keep you covered but the whisper thin cotton ensures you stay cool. Although the material is very fine, Indian cotton is made with the highest quality as you can see considering it is in near perfect condition over 30 years later!
• Beautiful gold hand painted floral details to the whole dress
• Lovely blue and white floral print, with a large peacock design to the bust and back, sleeve cuffs and hem
• Dark blue trim to the front and back panels, with dark floral strip added to the skirt
• Full balloon sleeves with tight cuffs, cuffs fasten with a popper
• Knee length, full skirt
• Empire line 'waist'
• Two plaited strings attached at the neckline, with metal beads to the ends
• No fastenings, slips over the head
• Made from super light weight but high quality Indian cotton
• Made in India and Cotton label in the seams
• There is a spot of smudged paint on the bust, which would have occurred right after it being made. One of the strings has a little fraying to the top. Shown in the photos
• Care/composition: no labels
Length: 36.5in with no extra hem
Shoulder to Shouler: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Cocoa Brown and White Checked Double Cuff Dagger Collar Shirt, By Lisa-Jane, 38in Bust
1970s Navy and White Oval Print Dagger Collar Shirt, by Pierre Balmain, 39in Bust