1970s Putty Grey Mackintosh Style Belted Leather Trench Coat, by Welbar, 36in Bust
The 1970s were well known for their leather coats, and this is a lovely example. From a leather specialist in Northampton called Welbar, this is a stylish trench coat style longer coat that would not look out of place in a modern wardrobe. The grey is a warm complimentary putty colour, that will go with your whole wardrobe, and would look just as smart worn with jeans or your 70s dresses.
But the best thing about this coat is its story. This came from the wardrobe of a lady that lives near by, and she forgot she had it. Her now husband bought it for her as a gift when they were courting! How wonderful that she had it after all these years!
• Grey putty colour leather, closest in colour to the full length pictures
• Mackintosh trench coat style, with A-line shaped bottom
• Knee length
• Rounded curved fold over collar
• Two large patch pockets to the front
• Matching leather belt with silver buckle to the front, with belt loops
• Fastens using large double breasted buttons to the front which have a matching leather centre
• Made from mid weight grey soft leather - supple, not dried, but worn
• Lined in a black fabric
• Welbar of Northampton label to the inside, as well as a care label
• There are quite few areas of rubbing wear, this is expected on old leather. They are primarily on the edges of sleeves, hem edge, opening edge, pockets, shoulder and the belt edges. There is a nick to the leather near the hem. There is also some marks of dirt from storage on the arms, the back and the bottom edges. There is also a couple of inch long mark to the side by the hem. All shown in the photos. There is still plenty of wear in the coat, and would perhaps benefit from a colour leather cream to the worn areas.
• Care/composition: nappa leather. Do not wash, spot clean.
Bust: 36in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max