1970s Ecru High Neck Cut Out Maxi Dress with Cape, by John Marks and Anne Tyrrell, 37in Bust
Wow, how amazing is this dress?! It has a cape!! A CAPE!
Made in the 1970s for John Marks of London by Anne Tyrrell, this ecru cream beauty has a wonderful drape, the soft lines caressing where they touch. The bodice is tight and flattering, the V-neck showing a hint of cleavage while you stay secure in the nice full pleated cups. The high neck is classic of the decade, a little hint to the Victorian influence the 70s loved so much. But the best bit is the cape! From the front, it looks like a flattering flutter sleeve, but the back is the most epic full pleated cape which floats as you strut. Warm the dress with gold accessories for a Grecian vibe, or why not choose this as the most awesome Wedding dress ever?! Who doesn't want a cape on their biggest day?
• Short flutter sleeves which turns into an amazing cape to the back
• High neck which fastens with self covered buttons
• Deep V-neck to the front
• Pleating to the bust allows for a fuller bust, with V-shape empire waistline below
• Bodice is sleeveless under the cape, with a racer style back
• Empire line wide a-line skirt, nice and full with drape
• Fastens using a nylon zip to the back, brand is hard to read.
• Made from mid weight knit poly crimplene
• John Marks London by Anne Tyrrell label, and Ban-Lon labels to the back
• There is a yellow mark to one hip, that looks like a food or drink stain. There has also been some fading/change in colour from storage. These are vertical striping where there were folds in he fabric, that have gone a slightly more pink colour, which can be found on the cape and skirt. Due to the drape, it is not noticeable and can only really be seen if you hold the fabric flat. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: 100% polymide, 30* hand wash
Bust: 37in with a litte extra stretch
Waist: 28in (empire line)
Length: 52in with no extra hem
Neck circumference: 15in max
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust