1970s Chestnut Brown and Black Swirl Velvet Long Coat, 40in Bust
Would you just look at this coat?! Handmade in the 1970s, this amazing full length velvet coat has everything you could want. A full skirt which will dramatically billow as you strut down the street, hands in your pockets for a nonchalant devil may care vibe. Huge bell sleeves with massive turn up cuffs for warmth matched with the super wide notched collar for some serious attitude. This is amazing, a true stand out piece. If you buy it get ready to be stopped constantly to be asked where it came from!
• Chestnut brown and deep black colour
• Very full, full length 'skirt' the coat
• Bold swirl print
• Very wide collar with notch
• Pockets to the sides
• Long wide bell sleeves with large turn back cuffs
• Small shoulder pads to keep shape
• Loose trapeze style cut
• No fastenings - open fronted
• Made from a heavy weight short pile cotton velvet
• Unlined - homemade to a high standard
• There is a slight mark to the elbow of one sleeve, a small mark to the back of one shoulder, a couple of small white marks to the back, and a yellow mark to the front. All shown in photos, and all small and not noticeable.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 40in (measured across the back) - this will allow for a larger bust as it is open fronted)
Hips: 48in - can allow for larger
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Blue and Cream Stripe Collared Short Sleeve Cardigan Knit, 36in Bust
1960s Cream and Tan Marl Fisherman's Chunky Knit Jumper, by Harvanson, 46in Chest