1970s Camel Wool Belted Coat with Large Sheepskin Collar, by C&A, 42in Bust
Wow! A classic, a show stopper, a coat of dreams! From the 1970s by the great store C&A, this wool camel belted coat is an icon of the decade, everyone had one! This one is a little extra special as it has a MASSIVE sheepskin collar, for added drama and over the top vibes. It needs to be worn with the biggest denim flares you can find, or that cute prairie mini dress and some brown boots. And with massive sunnies, of course!
Please be aware: this was the owners favourite coat and was obviously worn to many clubs as it still has a lingering cigarette smell.
• Classic brown camel colour, closest in hue to the full length photos
• Massive sheepskin collar - there is a little darker patch to the back from wear
• Pockets to the side
• Long sleeves with strap and button to the cuffs
• Matching belt, no belt loops
• Fastens using the belt
• Made from a heavy weight camel brown wool
• Lined with a brown acetate
• This was very loved in its heyday. It has been dry cleaned but there is a lingering smell of cigarette smoke, so it is not for people that are sensitive to smells. There are a few small moth grazes (shown in photos) but I did not see these until it was under bright lights. There is also discolouration to one side which looks like slight sun bleaching. This is not a perfect coat, so do not buy is you like your vintage pristine.
• Care/composition: pure new wool, acetate lining
Waist: 30in (measured across the back)
Hips: 48in (measured across the back)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Bright Pink Geometric Print Faux Sheepskin Hooded Coat, from The BBC Workroom, 48in Bust
1970s Classic Brown Herringbone Tweed Double Breasted Long Wool Coat, by St Michael, 40in Bust
1970s Rainbow and Gold Lurex Full Length Jacket Dress, by After 6 Ronald Joyce, 35in Bust