1970s Bright Red Tartan Check Blazer, 38in Bust
A classic tartan jacket just transcends the eras, it has been loved for so long that it becomes timeless. This example is from the 1970s, but it could easily pass as 1940s. The wide shoulders are similar, the waist is nipped and the hips have a slight flare. The flap pockets draw the eye to the hips, extending them to really accentuate the silhouette. With being a blended fabric it is much easier to care for and be a cooler choice for the warmer months. This is go with so many outfits, even if you prefer a more modern vibe, so wear with jeans and trainers, chunky boots and skinnies for a punky vibe, or a full skirt for a nod to the 50s. The only limitation is your imagination!
• Red and black, with yellow, green, white and blue over check
• Darts to front and back for a tighter fit
• Two pockets to the hip, with flaps
• Notched semi-wide collar
• Fastens using plastic buttons, faux horn colour
• Long sleeves
• Shoulder pads to retain shape
• Spare button to the inside
• Made from a mid weight woven blended fabric
• Lined in a black mixed fabric
• Care/composition: Dry clean. 45% acrylic, 25% wool, 25% polyester, 5% other. Lining 55% viscose, 45% polymide.
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Cocoa Brown and White Checked Double Cuff Dagger Collar Shirt, By Lisa-Jane, 38in Bust
1970s Navy and White Oval Print Dagger Collar Shirt, by Pierre Balmain, 39in Bust