1970s Black Faux Fur Sleeve Belted Wool Coat, by Rothschild, 34in Bust
If you need a warm coat, look no further! From the early 1970s, made by Rothschild, this coat is not your average black winter cover up. The combination of boiled wool and plush faux fur make this a super cosy option for the winter months. The fullness of the top half, with the thick fur and the wide shoulder line is offset with the tie belt that pulls in at the waist, and the long slight A-line cut to the skirt. And just because it is black does not mean it is lacking in features, with the textures of the wool, fur and buttons really making this a stylish choice. You will not need to layer up under this, it will be like wearing your duvet!
• Deep thick pile faux fur sleeves
• Wide, almost dolman like arm holes that create an extended shoulder
• The colour is a deep black, not faded like it is shown in some photos
• Pockets to the side
• Decorative stitching to the collar, belt and sleeves
• Large dog ear shaped rounded collar
• Matching wool tie belt with bet loops
• Fastens using large black shiny buttons to the front on the bust, with poppers for security, and there is small buttons under the collar, which was either for fastening the flap over or for a detachable hood perhaps
• Made from a heavy weight thick black boiled wool, that I believe may have a content of mohair due to the texture
• Lined in a black man-made fabric, probably a nylon
• Rothschild label to the inside
• There area a couple of holes to the lining, shown in the last photo
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 34in - tight (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 19in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust