1960s Violet Double Breasted Princess Pea Coat, by Harrods, 33in Bust
Such a classic 1960s Mod pea coat in a wonderful rich violet colour, with the slightest hint of a princess cut, is such a feminine and cute little number. I think originally this was a teen model, due to the the neatness of its measurements so this is for someone of a slight build but not one for someone that like their vintage pristine. Not as thick as your average wool winter coat, this would be great for milder days and seasons, when an injection of colour is much needed!
• Deep and rich violet colour, closest to the full length photos
• Small rounded collar with decorative top stitching
• Pockets to the hips
• Short mini length with an A-line 'skirt', with a box pleat to the back
• Opera length sleeves with buttons to the back of the cuff
• Fastens down the side using buttons to the front, appearing to be double breasted, and a popper under the collar should you want to close the neck
• Made from a mid weight wool
• Faux belt to the back with self covered buttons, and decorative top stitching
• Lined in a light purple fabric that feels like a silk blend
• Harrods label to the inside
• Most of the faults are in the lining, which has holes throughout from historic moth issues, and there are several repaired rips to the arm lining and arms holes of the jacket. This is all unseen, and you may want to replace the lining going forward. There are some stains to the outside of the coat with a couple on the bust area and the collar, some to the front and a couple near the hem. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels, dry clean only
Bust: 33in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 12.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Camel and Brown Knitted Drop Waist Jumper Dress, Bust 36in to 42in