1960s Kelly Green Velvet Long Dress with Flowing Back Sash, 38in Bust
The 1960s was one of the greatest eras for a party dress, and this long cocktail dress is one of the most awesome. This was made by the owners Aunt, who was a seamstress at a very high end shop, and was made for the lady to attend a military ball. From the front the colour is very arresting, a bright kelly green, and the luscious velvet adds depth to what on first glance, appears to be a simple dress. But to the back is the drama; a long central train from the deep square neckline! Four buttons are the only decoration to the back, not that you need much with such a fab feature! You could wear this every day if you feel a little extra, maybe pop on a stripe polo neck underneath with some trainers, but the depth of colour would look amazing matched with gold accessories for an evening do.
• Long sash t the back, with 4 faux buttons, that drapes down to the floor and flows when you walk
• Low scoop neck to the front, low square neckline to the back
• Long darts to the bust and down to the waist for a loose fit to the bust and body
• Sash fastens with poppers that are invisible once done up
• Fastens with a metal zip to the back, Talon brand, with a hook and loop to the top
• Lined in an off white acetate
• No labels - this dress was handmade
• There is a dark mark to one shoulder strap, which could be covered with a brooch, and a couple more marks and compressions to the velvet. There is a round mark to the inside of the lining, which can't be seen from the outside. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: no label
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 52.5in from shoulder
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Camel and Brown Knitted Drop Waist Jumper Dress, Bust 36in to 42in