1960s Jewel Purple Wool Maxi Princess Coat, by Elgee, 34in Bust
This coat is what hippy dreams are made from! From the late 1960s, the beginning of the true boho movement, this would have been the perfect coat come colder weather. The jewel purple can really only be described as Cadbury purple, that wonderful hue of purple that is just so luxurious, which is offset by the gunmetal buttons to the front. The cut of the coat is quite neat, with a small fold over collar which is very reminiscent of the silhouettes of the Biba of the decade which were always cut small. The patch pockets accentuate the hips and the fullness of the skirt of the coat, which when worn open will flap dramatically behind you as your strut. This is a truly beautiful coat, perfect for someone that adores classic Biba and the late 1960s aesthetic.
• The colour is a jewel Cadbury purple, closer to the full length photos
• Two flap pockets to both hips, with a further false flap pocket above on one side
• Small, neat fold over collar
• Designed to be more fitted to the bust, and nipped to the waist, princess coat style
• Princess seams for a figure hugging fit to the top, with a full skirt to the bottom
• Fastens down the front using shiny gunmetal plastic buttons, and a popper under the collar
• Made from a heavy weight wool
• Lined in an acetate light purple lining
• Hanging hook to the inside of the neck
• Elgee London and Peter Robinson department store labels to the inside
• The biggest fault is on the lining, which is quite stained on the back and under the arms. But this is not noticeable from the outside. There is a rubbed spot on the arm from storage on a previous hanger. There are also a couple of lighter spots to the front which look like something has been dropped down in, and it has caused very slight bleaching over time. All shown in photos
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 34in tight (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.