1960s Grass Green and Pink Rose Striped Prairie Balloon Sleeve Midi Dress, 35in Bust
Love the prairie look but not a fan of the high necks and full lengths? Then this is the dress for you! From the very late 1960s, this lovely dress has a gorgeous puff to the shoulder, balanced with the fullness at the cuff. The bodice is fitted, accentuating the skirt and sleeves, but the hint of skin at the neck stops the dress being too prim. The stripe and floral clash means this is not too feminine for those not a fan of the ditsy prints from the era and the unusual choice of green and pink brings the right amount of funky to the party. Tough it up with boots, be more prim with heels, and in the colder months wear a nice coloured polo neck underneath. A dress for all seasons and occasions!
• Green stripes contrasting with the delicate pink roses in bloom - colour is bright and most like the close up photos of the print
• Small balloon sleeve to the cuff, with prairie puff to the top of the shoulder
• Cuffs fasten with white buttons
• Scooped neckline to the front, with a more V-shaped scoop to the back
• Deep pleats to the waist to make the skirt full
• Darts to the bust and up from the waist for a fitted bodice
• Fastens with a nylon YKK zip to the back with a hook and eye
• Made from a soft cotton/poly blend fabric
• Lined in a sage green acetate
• There is marks to the underarms of the lining, which is not noticeable from the outside.
• Care/composition: handwash, 30*
Bust: 35in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 50.5in (2in extra hem)
Sleeve length: 24.5in
Shoulder to shoulder: 12in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max