1960s Forest Green Double Buckle Leather Doctors Bag with Key
This 1960s forest green bag is not only fabulous, it has a great back story!
It apparently came from the estate sale of tennis player Angela Buxton, who won the doubles title at both Wimbledon and the French Championships in 1956.
The bag is a wonderful green colour, with the doctors bag styling of the latches to the frame and the substantial shape, big enough to fit everything you need in. The gold tone metallic detailing gives it a lux feel and compliments the mottled green perfectly. A great day bag, with a wonderful little story to boot.
• Forest green mottled leather
• Frame top similar to a doctors bag
• Two fold out latches and working lock with release button to the top
• Decorative buckles to the front
• Short grab handle to the top
• Key for the locks is attached inside on a leather cord
• Gold coloured studs to the bottom
• Large main pocket with a two smaller slip pockets, one tiny slip pocket, and one zipped pocket
• Lined in a tan suede
• There are some marks and scuffs to the outside and the bottom, which is to be expected from use. There is a little wear to the edge of the handle by the ring, and the handle has split through the centre but this does not affect its use. There are also biro marks to the lining inside. All shown in photos.
Width: 13cm at bottom
Handle Length: 31cm
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Aqua Blue and White Striped Scarf Dress with Belt, by Gay Lady, 42in Bust