1960s Deep Navy Velvet Full Length Princess Coat, by Harella, 40in Bust
Every woman should have a princess coat in their wardrobe, and this is a wonderful strut worthy one in a great size! From the late 1960s, this deep navy beauty is plush and soft, made from high quality cotton velvet which does make it quite heavy, but you will be so warm while not scrimping on that style! Fairly simple in its cut, the curved pockets accentuate your figure while the faux belt at the back nips you in. The wide collar perfectly balances the coat and mirrors the lovely shape of the pockets. Fully floor length, you can waft around while the coat billows behind you in some melodramatic manner.....who doesn't want that while walking around Tesco?!
• The colour is a super inky dark navy, which looks black. It has be lightened in some photos to show details
• Very full, full length 'skirt' the coat
• Designed to be more fitted to the bust, and nipped to the waist, princess coat style
• Curve shaped pockets to the side with matching buttons
• Very wide shaped collar
• Large box pleat to the back to ease of movement
• Faux belt to the back
• Fastens down the front using many workwear style shank buttons with black plastic domed tops, and metal centres
• Made from a heavy weight short pile cotton velvet
• Lined in an acetate black linking
• I think this may be deadstock as the original spare button is still attached on the inside in its bag
• 'It's a dream, it's Harella' label to the inside
• There is a little pressing/marking of the velvet to one elbow, with a few loose tufts of velvet. This looks like it was stored pressed against something originally. Shown in photos
• Care/composition: 100% cotton, acetate lining. Dry clean only
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Aqua Blue and White Striped Scarf Dress with Belt, by Gay Lady, 42in Bust