1960s Dark Grey Wool Smart Tailored Dress, by Peggy French Couture, 43in Bust
Please be aware that this is in the sale due to a broken zip that will need replacing. This is non returnable.
Beautifully made 1960s Peggy French Couture grey wool smart dress, that proves vintage does not have to be crazy printed to be amazing! This is like the womens version of the smart grey suit, cut beautifully with high quality cloth that holds its structure to give you a fierce and feminine silhouette with a little character in the pointed waist seam. Reminding me of a womans Mad Men suit, this dress would be the perfect for the boardroom for a bad ass curvy girl boss that loves to be different but refuses to scrimp on style. Or for a lady that loves a simple but very well considered dress that will never date and always be a classic. The dark grey means you can keep it super smart with black patent, or go with more personality with the addition of colours like a mustard yellow, a bright blue, a deep red or a rich purple. This dress will elevate your look and ensure you feel powerful, well dressed and fabulous darling!
• Dark grey, smart and structured look
• Beautiful double point shaped waist seam
• High round neck
• Darts to the bust
• A-line cut to the skirt, darts to the back for fit
• Three quarter length sleeve with dart to the back for ease of movement
• Fastens with a metal zip to the back, with a hook and eye to the top
• Lined in a dark aubergine fabric, it feels like a poly-blend
• Made from a mid-weight worsted wool fabric, very similar to high-quality suiting that has a very slight longer fine thread to the top - the camera has picked up a shine to the fabric that is not visible in person, it is a matt finish
• Peggy French Couture label to the back
• There is staining on the lining at the arm pits - these have been cleaned and does not affect the exterior. Zip is now broken and will need replacing
• Care/composition: no label. Dry clean only
Bust: 43in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 37.5in (2in extra hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Blue Lurex Swirl Print Sweetheart Neckline Maxi Dress, by Jeannie, 45in Bust
1960s Black, White and Gold Stripe Crimplene Shift Dress, by Carnegie of London, 45in Bust