1960s Bright Mustard Yellow Asymmetric Mod Wool Coat, by Modern Deb ILGWU, 34in Bust
You may doubt it as it looks so modern, but this golden yellow dream of a coat really is from the 1960s! Epitomising the design of the Mod era with the short length and the straight cut, this actually fastens asymmetrically using poppers to the side; a very modern way to close a coat! The belt can nip you in if you wish, and the funnel neck ensures you stay warm but Mod in the wind. Have you been looking for the perfect coat to go with your favourite Twiggy style dress? Well, I think you have found it!
• Bright mustard yellow, closest in colour to the full length photos
• Funnel style collar that fastens at the side
• Slip pockets to the hips
• Short mini length with an A-line 'skirt'
• Darts to the bust to fit
• Fastens down the side using large poppers, as well as poppers to the collar - the joy of poppers is that the can be moved should you require more room
• Made from a heavy weight wool
• Matching wide belt, with a PVC black buckle to the front, that fastens with a hook. Belt loops to the side
• Lined in a golden yellow mustard acetate lining
• Modern Deb label to the inside, with a International Ladies Garment Workers Union label to the seam, which makes this American originally
• The most of the faults are on the belt, as it has several moth holes and grazes all over it, but this coat does not need a belt if you do not want to use it. The arm holes on the lining have been fixed. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 34in tight (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1960s Bright Orange Tie Dye Floral Print Towelling Beach Dress, 43in Bust