1950s White and Bright Pink Floral Stripe Shirtwaister Dress, by London Town, 34in Bust
Beautiful classic 1950s shirtwaister dress in white and shocking pink with delicate little bright flowers in a lovely stripe.....I am not sure you can get a more girly dress! The cotton has a lovely quality weight to it, allowing it to hold the shape of the skirt without the need for a petticoat and the pleats remain sharp. The bodice is cut neatly, accentuating the hourglass shape with a tight waist, giving you the perfect 1950s silhouette. Great for Summer parties, enough colour for you to wear it to a wedding, this dress will see you through the hot months in style.
• Bright pink trim to the round collar and cuffs
• White cotton with pink, yellow and white flowers with bright green stems, grey kissing hearts and dots, and a lovely raised textured stripe
• Triangular panel to the bust for a tight bodice fit
• Perfect knife pleated skirt to add fullness
• Wonderful pattern cutting to the bodice to create a chevron effect with the stripes, and horizontal stripe to the button placket
• Short dolman style sleeves with diamond shaped gusset to each pit
• Belt loops to the waist, no belt
• Fastens with buttons to the front in a hidden placket, and a hook and loop to the top
• Made from a medium-weight good quality weight cotton
• London Town label to the neck
• There are a couple of brown spots to the bust which looks like a splash. There is also a little neck stain to the back of the collar. The pink of the trim has bled by the front of the collar, and under the collar. As with most 1950s dresses, there has been a repair to each armpit (crosshatched darn) and there is very slight yellowing to the arm pits. All shown in photos, all are very slight.
• Care/composition: None
Bust: 34in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 41in with 2.5in hem
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.