1950s Warm Cream Aran Knit Cardigan with Leather Knot Buttons, 44in Bust
You can not get anymore classic than an Aran knit. Timeless in their style, they have been loved for decades by all for a tasteful way to stay warm. This aran is lovely early example, hand knitted in the 1950s and fastens with dark brown real leather buttons to the front. The wool yarn has a lovely weight showing that it is real quality and will still see you through many decades of wear, with the classic Aran patterns being delicate and intricate, something you don't see with the later versions.
• Classic Aran style knit pattern in a warm cream - closer in colour to the full size photos
• Fastens with small leather knot buttons to the front
• Ribbed edge to collar, cuffs, hem and edges
• Raglan set in long sleeves with swirl design from the shoulder
• Made from a heavy weight pure wool yarn, which does have a wool feel so I would advise something underneath if you are sensitive to wool
• There is a small dirty mark to one cuff, and a visible mend also, which I chose not to re-do. Both shown in photos. I have also darned several holes on the cardigan but these are now invisible
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 39-44in (armpit to armpit doubled, measured across the back)
Sleeve: 24.5in approx, due to the raglan sleeve
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max