1950s Turquoise Chinese Brocade Silk Quilted Robe, by Harex, 40in Bust
Absolutely beautiful very early 1950s turquoise silk brocade robe with a luxurious shine that has delicate and intricate rural scenes embroidered in red and gold all over. For added luxury, it has the most wonderful swirled quilting to the collar, cuffs and pockets to ensure you stay looking fabulous while keeping warm. There is a tie belt to the waist and a classic frogging fastener to the bust to keep it secure, with deep pockets for practicality. But why keep this just for indoors? It is so good that it would look fabulous as a jacket over a simple outfit to add some luxury and colour to your wardrobe! The label is certainly right, it really is graceful and smart!
• Beautiful turquoise Chinese brocade silk with a lustrous shine, with red and gold traditional farming and landscape motifs
• Fabric frogging fastener to the front
• Curved fold over collar with curved notch, with decorative quilting stitch
• Long sleeves, with pointed decorative stitched cuffs
• Matching tie belt with belt loops to the sides
• Two pockets to each hip, with decorative stitching to the top
• Small pads to the shoulders
• Hanging loop to the back of the neck
• Two ties to the side seam, that secure the robe to the opposite front loop
• Two triangular godets have been added to the side seam at the bottom, I assume this was from when it was made
• Made from a mid-weight Chinese silk brocade, which has a very shiny weave and a metallic thread throughout the pattern
• Lined in a matching plain turquoise silk fabric
• Harex, Graceful and Smart label to the back
• The only fault is the lining has dropped slightly at the back, which can be slightly seen. I imagine this occurred when the previous owner washed it. Shown in the photo.
• Care/composition: No labels
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 42in with no extra hem
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max