1950s Tan and Cream Puppytooth Check Blouson Back Jacket, by Buddy Bates, 40in Bust
Wow. Just wow! This 1950s puppytooth jacket is just amazing! From the front it boasts the tiny waist and curved hips made famous by the late 1940s Dior New Look trend. The arrow shaped pleat to the bust draws the eye in to the beautiful matching buttons, while the collar frames the face. Bracelet length sleeves allow you to show off some lovely jewels, or don some fancy gloves, but also keeps the proportions cropped. But the back is just as amazing!! The curved seam again focusing the eye on the tiny waist, which is in direct contradiction to the full blouson back, which billows gracefully down from the shoulders. All in all, a wonderfully delicate and feminine jacket, with a nod to Dior, that is just crying out to be worn with a full skirt and some proper click-clack heels.
• Light tan and cream puppy tooth check
• Curved back seam, with full blouson back that nips dramatically at the waist
• Light shoulder pads
• Decorative arrow shape fold to the front from shoulders to bust
• Round collar with sharp notched lapel
• Very accentuated nipped waist with darts sewn to give wider hips
• Fastens using self covered buttons to the front
• Matching button to the sleeve cuffs
• Bracelet length sleeve with darts to elbows for ease of movement
• Made from a light weight woolen fabric
• Lined in an orangey taupe rayon fabric
• Buddy Bates label to the inside, as well as a 'consumer protected, fair labour' manufacturing label
• There was a hole to the back, which has been patched from the inside. Small hole to the back of one arm on the elbow. There is a brown mark to the back by the hem, and a brown mark to the back of the other arm. The lining has a few small holes, and a mended rip to the inside on the armpit. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max