1950s Sugar Almond Pink High Collar Pleated Bust Dress , by Jobi, 38in Bust
Was £95 - Save £45!
This dress! It is all kinds of lovely! From the very early 1950s, this light sugar almond beauty has a beautiful bodice with the half moon gathered yolk and pearl decorative buttons, finished with a lady-like prim fold over collar. The fold up cuffs on the short sleeves mirror the collar, and the full gathered skirt balances the detailed bodice. Yes this is a very girly colour, but the light pink is an oh so flattering shade that really needs no additions. Wear it in summer, or winter, this dress will see you through the year.
• Round front yolk with deep gathers
• Decorative pearl and gold tone buttons to the front
• High neck with cute small fold over collar
• Short sleeves, dolman cut, with turn ups to the front
• Tightly gathered skirt at the waist to give fullness, with horizontal seam to the waist
• Pocket to the side seam
• Belt loops, no belt
• Made from mid-weight fabric that feels like a light gaberdine which could be a rayon blend, in a light sugar almond pink colour
• Fastens using a metal zip to the side and the back of the neck, Prym brand, and two matching buttons to the top of the neck
• Unlined apart from the bust which is lined in a grey soft lining fabric
• Jobi label to the inside - lovely design!
• The seam on the waist has a slight pull, there is a couple of light marks to the bust pleat (looks like a spillage), and a couple of similar light marks to the skirt. These are all shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 43in (with no extra hem)
Sleeve length: 8in (dolman sleeve)
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Pink, Tan and Blue Striped Cream Brushed Cotton Shirt, by Wentworth, 44in Chest