1950s Sage Green and Black Checked Bow Front Wiggle Dress, by Sambo, 38in Bust
Was £85 - Now £65!
The colour of this dress is so wonderfully Autumnal and luscious, it is certainly one for the 1950s collector. The sage green is certainly unusual for a checked print but it adds a nice sharp hue to what could be seen as quite a formal dress. The black piping to the bust and waist breaks up the pattern and focuses the eye to the smallest parts, with the black bow finishing the neckline beautifully. This would be perfect worn with black accessories and shoes for a vintage look, but the sage check has a slight punky vibe so you could easily wear with modern black boots for a more up to date look.
• Sage green background, with black and white check to the top
• Black bow to the neckline
• Black wool pipping to the waist, down the bust center line and around the neck
• Darts up to the bust from the waist for fit
• Elbow length sleeves
• Knee length skirt with very small amount of gathers at the waist
• Fastens with a metal zip to the back, Lightening brand, with a hook and eye to the top
• Made from a mid weight woven wool fabric. As it is pure new wool I would advise wearing a slip if you are sensitive to wool
• Mainly lined in a black acetate fabric, with a rusty orange panel to the inside of the bust
• Sambo Fashions label to the back
• There is a small hole to the skirt, and a very small hole to the bust. Both shown in the photos
• Care/composition: Pure New Wool, Scotland label
Bust: 38in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 39in with 1.5in hem
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1950s Golden Brown Circle Print Wiggle Dress with Side Swag, by Carnegie, 34in Bust
1950s Kingfisher Blue Satin Sequin Party Dress, by Riviera, 34.5in Bust
1950s Gold and Cream Lurex Brocade Evening Dress with Train, 38in Bust