1950s Rich Red Drop-Waisted Pleated Dress, 40in Bust
Sometimes a simple, classic cut dress is just what you need. From the late 1950s this wonderful rich red dress is made from a soft woven fabric that hands and drapes wonderfully. The tabs with the jumbo buttons are the only decoration, leaving that amazing drop waisted skirt do all the talking. Wear with the traditional vintage heels, or go for a more punk vibe by popping on those chunky Doc Martens for a little twist.
• Rich red, almost a faded merlot in hue, more muted than in the photos
• Round neck
• Short sleeves
• Drop waist with tabs to the front and large black buttons with gold crown centres - I wonder if the buttons are a later addition
• Pleated knee length skirt
• Fastens with a zip to the back
• Made from a mid-weight woven fabric that feels like a cotton/rayon blend perhaps
• There is a mark to one bust, which looks a little like a food mark but it has not come off. Shown in last photo
• Care/composition: no labels
Drop Waist: 32in
Sleeve: 9in with 1in extra hem
Shoulder to shoulder: 16in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.