1950s Red and Orange Large Bloom Silk Wiggle Dress, by Heros, 42in Bust
Made from high quality pure silk, the large bloom wiggle dress is the most beautiful 1950s frock I have seen in a while. The colours are warm and bright, with a little clash in the hues for interest, the brushstrokes fluid and arty. The cut is as flattering as you would expect a 50s wiggle dress to be, nipped waist with a tight fit to the bust and hip, pinched at the knees and wider at the shoulders. The neckline is square, perfect to show off those short necklaces, which is balanced by the short sleeves. This would be a wonderful dress to wear to a special occasion, like a wedding, to make you feel glamorous and beautiful. Accessorise with matching bag and heels, finish with a contrasting hat, and maybe some gloves to go to whole way!
• Large painterly blooms in deep red, shades of pink and orange
• Square neckline
• Self covered buttons to the front
• Short sleeves
• Darts from the waist seam for a fitted bodice
• Pleats to the skirt
• Belt loops but no belt
• Made from a very light weight silk
• Fastens using a metal zip to the side, Aero brand
• Split to the back of the skirt, with a extra panel behind to cover
• Heros label to the inside
• Lined in a white silk crepe lining
• Slight pull to the split at the back of the skirt. There is also some visible stitching but it is small. Shown in photo.
• Care/composition: Pure silk
Length: 38.5in (with a 1.5in hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 14in
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 15in
Sleeve length: 7.5in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.