1950s Pistachio Green Swing Coat with Balloon Sleeves, by Hockley, 40in Bust
Utterly beautiful and rare 1950s pistachio green swing coat with the most amazing, to die for sleeves! I have never seen a coat this good, or in this perfect condition! The cut is so flattering, it drapes wonderfully from the shoulders and down to the knee, with lovely movement when you walk. The collar breaks up the long line of the coat, framing what ever necklace you decide to wear. But it is the sleeves that take centre stage.....the fullness with the angular seams and cuff edge, off-set by that arrow head and matching double buttons.......they are just so dreamy!
• Arrow head cuff detail with decorative matching green buttons, with fabric centres
• Sleeves are fuller by the cuff like a balloon sleeve, with decorative seams and a V-shaped cuff edge
• Delicate pistachio green colour
• Round neckline with peter pan style collar, with a longer angular section to the front
• Curved seam to the back at the shoulder blades
• A-line swing style cut
• Two slit pockets to the hips
• No sleeve seam on the back allows a clean drape
• Fastens using two hidden poppers to the neckline under the collar to keep the clean lines
• Made from a mid-weight wool blend fabric
• Lined in a matching green fabric that feels like a silky satin fabric
• Fashioned & Tailored by Hockley, London label to one side
• Care/composition: no label
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled) - would advise smaller to get proper hang
Shoulder to Shoulder: approx 17in
Sleeve: 23in from 'shoulder'
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
We Also Recommend
1970s Blue and Pink Floral Tiered Maxi Skirt ,by Jillienne Calico Casa, 33in Waist
1970s Navy Draped Kaftan with Red Poppy Embroidery, by Ronald Joyce, 42in Bust Max
1970s Floral Balloon Sleeve Maxi Dress, by Marion Donaldson, 33in Bust