1950s Pale Shell Pink Cherry Blossom V-Neck Dress, by Calpreta and St Michael, 40in Bust
Was £75 - Save £40!
Beautiful and feminine 1950s light shell pink silky dress, with a lovely blue cherry blossom print winding around, made by St Michael and Calpreta. This is a quintessential 50s dress; fitted waist with a full flowing skirt and a full bust, the dress is everything a girly girl could want. The light fabric moves beautifully and can easily accommodate a large petticoat if you want to have a really exaggerated silhouette. Pick out some of the accent colours in the blossom for your accessories and you have the perfect Summer outfit for any occasion. Sure she has a quite a few wounds, but it really does not detract from the feminine beauty.
• Light shell pink background with delicate blue cherry blossom print
• V-neck with pleated front
• Gathers to the top to accommodate a fuller bust
• Wide panel waist
• Slight capped sleeve from the dolman cut bodice
• Full voluminous skirt with tight gathers to waist
• Belt loop but no original bet
• Fastens using a metal zip to the side, Lightening brand, with a hook and eye to the top
• Made from a light weight silky material that I suspect is a poly blend, with a shine to it
• A St Michael garment, non-shrink finish by Calpreta label to the back
• This has a few wounds but is still very much wearable. There is a fix under one arm hole where there was a rip previously, this also has a small hole next to it. There is a small rust mark to one sleeve, a small hole to the back of one shoulder, and a couple of marks to the skirt of the dress (by the hem and down the skirt). The skirt was taken up and let down, which now shows old stitch holes and there is a dirty mark around the hem. There is some dirt marks to the skirt from storage, which tends to be hidden in the folds, and a small pin head size hole near the bottom. There is a very slight portion of fade to one side which is hidden in the folds. Finally, the waist was taken up so there are now old stitch marks to the band. All are shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Shown with a small petticoat underneath, not included
Bust: 40in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 44in (1.5in extra hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 14in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.