1950s Pale Pink Pastel Folk Novelty Print Cotton Dress, by Penney's Brentwood, 44in Bust
Was £115 - Save £55!
What a beautiful novelty print this is! From the 1950s, this pastel cotton dress by Brentwood at Penney's is not only volup but also covered in the most wonderful folk print in a patchwork style, with flowers and tree, birds and houses, an elegantly dressed couple and a man riding a horse whilst brandishing knives! This is a very flattering cut for the curvy vintage gal; the short sleeves balance the fuller skirt, with the square neckline keeping an ample bust in check, and the matching belt giving you a nipped waist allowing you to pull yourself in as much as you wish. The pocket to the hip is a great size, the caramel button balancing the funky asymmetric buttons to fasten to the other side. Wonderful and charming, almost like a fairy tale in a dress!
• Amazingly detailed folk style novelty print
• Asymmetric buttons with pointed button placket
• Large side pocket with matching button and pointed edge
• Belt loops with matching bet
• Square neckline
• Short sleeves, bodice is dolman cut
• Full skirt with pleats to the waist
• Fastens using large caramel coloured plastic buttons to the front
• Made from a mid-weight crisp soft cotton
• Penney's Brentwood label to the back
• Some of the holes on the belt have been stretched from use. There were two holes by the shoulder blades which have been patched, and three above the pocket. The stitching on the hem can be seen on the outside of the dress. These are shown in the photos
• Care/composition: 100% all cotton, no care instructions
Bust: 44in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 43.5in (1.5in extra hem)
Shoulder to Waist: 16in
Sleeve Length: 5.5in
Shoulder to shoulder: 15in
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.