1950s Lilac and Blue Painterly Floral Pop Out Umbrella
I do love a vintage umbrella, and this 1950s beauty is not short of charm. The painterly brushstrokes of the floral blooms in lilac and blue are beautiful, the colours allowing this to be used all year round without looking out of season. The brass coloured features are a nice touch, especially the cute 'K' icon to the top, and with the size of the umbrella being quite compact, it makes this very easy to carry about when you are not using it. But perhaps the best thing about this brolly is its opening mechanism. If you press the button on the handle, the umbrella glides open with a satisfying swift 'whoompfh' allowing you to leave any door in a dramatic efficient manner meaning not one drop will touch your perfectly set hair do.
• Painterly style floral print in lilac, blue and dark purple
• Button with elastic to secure the brolly when closed has been added at a later date
• Metal spokes to the inside - all firm
• Makers sticker has now gone, but the Made in Germany label still intact
• White button to the handle to activate the spring opening
• Brass metal tip with the letter K holding an umbrella
• Brass colour metal handle with a chain to the bottom, which I assume used to hold a loop to carry on your wrist
• Made from a mid-weight strong nylon taffeta
• There is a dirty mark to the edge from use. The most noticeable fault is the fade to the shade, which is classic on parasols from storage. There is a couple of white marks where the metal arms have rubbed. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: no labels
Full length: 57.5cm
Width of parasol when open: 104.5cm
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.