1950s Liberty of London Buttercup Yellow Cotton Shirtwaister Dress, 34in Bust
Like Summer in a dress! From the 1950s, this beautiful classic shirtwaister is from the best producer of British printed fabrics. Liberty of London. Just utterly perfect for a sunny day, the dress has the quintessential 50s silhouette of nipped waist and full skirt, bracelet length sleeves that are asking for some cute little yellow gloves to be added, and a pointed fold down collar. The cotton is of high quality but light in weight so you will not get too hot if you are lucky enough to see some bright sunshine! Stick to yellow, green or white accessories and you will have an outfit that will be the envy of every other vintage gal out there!
• Summery buttercup yellow and grass green floral print Liberty fabric, on a white background
• Pointed fold down collar with small V-neck
• Darts to the front of the bodice from the waist
• Triangular gusset to the arm pits for more room and movement to the dolman sleeves
• Just below knee length skirt, with tightly gathered waist
• Bracelet length dolman sleeves with pointed cuffs that fasten with matching buttons
• Belt loops, no belt
• Fastens with buttons all the way down the front, with a hook and eye to the waist. There is also a waist tape to the inside that fastens with a hook and eye.
• Made from a light weight soft cotton
• Liberty of London and size label to the back
• The armpits have an extra dart to fix a rip in each, and there is the very slightest feint mark to each. There is also a small mark to the shoulder. There is a line to the hem of the skirt where it was previously hemmed shorter. All shown in photos.
• Care/composition: None
Shown with a small petticoat underneath, not included
Bust: 34in (armpit to armpit doubled)
Length: 42.5in with no extra hem
Shoulder to Waist: 15in
Shoulder to Shoulder: 14in
Sleeve: 19.5in (dolman)
We advise paying close attention to the actual measurements of the garment. Please get in touch if you have any questions.